Honoring the Appalachian ranching heritage, this region-inspired food is loaded with Angus beef, Yorkshire pork, grass-fed lamb, American bison and freshwater catfish.
Delivered FRESH or RAW, in Wholeprey™ ratios, and brimming with goodness, ACANA Appalachian Ranch features a rich diversity of meats, tripe, liver, kidney and cartilage that mirror your dog’s evolutionary diet and nourish peak health naturally, without the need for long lists of synthetic ingredients and supplements.
Prepared in our Kentucky DogStar® kitchens from America’s best and freshest ingredients, ACANA Appalachian Ranch is guaranteed to keep your dog healthy, happy and strong.
Modern dogs are built like their ancestors and we believe they should eat like them, too. How do you know if your dog’s food is biologically appropriate™? Simple. Just answer our biologically appropriate™ ‘three meat questions’.
- How much meat? Entirely free of plant protein concentrates, acana appalachian ranch is loaded with 70% meat ingredients — more than twice as much as most pet specialty dog foods. Plus, all our meat ingredients are deemed fit for human consumption prior to inclusion in our foods.
- How much fresh meat? 1/2 of the meat ingredients in acana appalachian ranch are fresh, supplying essential nutrients in their most nourishing form. Fresh means never frozen, so refrigeration is the only way we preserve our fresh meats. The other half is dried or oils to provide a strong and natural source of nourishing animal protein and fat.
- How many meats? Acana appalachian ranch features 5 fresh meats, an unmatched variety that are locally raised or fished by people we know and trust, deemed “fit for human consumption”, and then delivered to our kentucky dogstar® kitchens fresh each day!
- Angus beef – meat, liver, tripe, kidney and cartilage, fresh from appalachian ranches.
- Yorkshire pork – meat, liver, tripe, kidney and cartilage, fresh from kentucky farms.
- Grass-fed lamb – meat, liver, tripe, fresh from kentucky farms.
- American bison – meat, fresh from appalachian ranches.
- Blue catfish – whole and fresh from kentucky lakes.
Zinc, our one and only supplement: In nature there are no supplements, and wolves derive all of their nutritional needs by consuming whole prey animals. Muscle meat provides protein; liver, kidney and tripe supply vitamins and minerals; while bones and cartilage deliver calcium and phosphorus.Acana mirrors the natural diet, incorporating wholeprey™ meat, organs and cartilage in ratios that deliver nutrients naturally. By providing a concentrated source of the nutrients your dog needs to thrive, you eliminate the need for long lists of additives. That’s why zinc is our only added supplement.
Ingredients: Deboned beef*, deboned pork*, deboned lamb*, lamb meal, beef meal, pork meal, whole green peas, red lentils, pinto beans, beef liver*, beef fat, catfish meal, chickpeas, green lentils, whole yellow peas, deboned bison*, whole catfish*, herring oil, lentil fiber, natural pork flavor, beef tripe*, lamb tripe*, lamb liver*, pork liver*, beef kidney*, pork kidney*, pork cartilage*, dried kelp, whole pumpkin*, whole butternut squash*, kale*, spinach*, mustard greens*, collard greens*, turnip greens*, carrots*, Red Delicious apples*, Bartlett pears*, freeze-dried beef liver, freeze-dried lamb liver, freeze-dried pork liver*, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
* delivered fresh or raw
Crude protein (min.) 33 %
Crude fat (min.) 17 %
Crude fiber (max.) 6 %
Moisture (max.) 12 %
Calcium (min.) 1.8 %
Phosphorus (min.) 1.2 %
Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 1.8 %
Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 0.6 %
Dha* (min.) 0.1 %
Epa* (min.) 0.1 %
Glucosamine* (min.) 600 mg/kg
Chondroitin sulfate* (min.) 800 mg/kg
Calorie Content: 3405 kcal/kg (388 kcal/8 oz.cup), with 34% from protein, 24% from fruits and vegetables, and 42% from fat.