- Grain Free
- Made in the USA
- Loaded with 50% Muscovy duck to nourish your dog according to his evolutionary needs, ACANA Duck & Pear contains one single, easily digestible animal protein.
- Raised free-run on local farms, our Muscovy duck arrives fresh, in WholePrey™ form — a richly nourishing ratio of meat, organs and cartilage that nourish your dog naturally. Generous infusions of freeze-dried duck liver make ACANA a perfect choice for fussy dogs.
- Prepared in our Kentucky DogStar® kitchens from America’s best and freshest ingredients, ACANA Duck & Pear is guaranteed to keep your dog healthy, happy and strong.
- Read our ingredients and you’ll be happy too!
Know your meat math? Limited ingredients shouldn’t mean less meat. Modern dogs are built like their ancestors and we believe they should eat like them, too. How do you know if your dog’s food is biologically appropriate™? Simple. Just answer our biologically appropriate™ ‘three meat questions’:
- How much meat? Entirely free of plant protein concentrates, acana duck & pear is packed with 50% free-run duck, including fresh muscovy from nearby farms – all our duck is deemed fit for human consumption prior to inclusion in our foods.
- How much fresh meat? 1/2 of the duck in Acana Duck & Pear is fresh or raw supplying essential nutrients in their most nourishing form. Fresh means never frozen, so refrigeration is the only way we preserve our fresh meats, while our raw meats are flash-frozen at the source to lock in goodness. The other half is dried or oils to provide a strong and natural source of richly nourishing duck protein and fat.
- How many meats? Acana Duck & Pear features one single, easily digestible animal protein. Fresh duck meat, organs and cartilage are delivered daily in wholeprey™ ratios and supply virtually all the necessary nutrients, vitamins and amino acids naturally and completely.
Zinc In mother nature’s kitchen there are no synthetic supplements, and dogs and wolves derive all of their nutritional needs by consuming whole prey animals. Muscle meat provides protein; organs supply vitamins and minerals; while bones and cartilage deliver calcium and phosphorus. Acana mirrors the natural diet, applying our meat math and incorporating wholeprey™ meat, organs and cartilage in ratios that deliver nutrients naturally. By providing a concentrated and natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive, you eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic additives. That’s why zinc is our only added supplement.
Ingredients: Deboned duck*, duck meal, whole green peas, red lentils, duck liver*, duck fat, pinto beans, chickpeas, herring oil, green lentils, whole yellow peas, duck giblets*, Bartlett pears*, lentil fiber, natural duck flavor, duck cartilage*, dried kelp, freeze-dried duck liver, whole pumpkin*, whole butternut squash*, kale*, spinach*, mustard greens*, collard greens*, turnip greens*, whole carrots*, Red Delicious apples*, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.* delivered fresh or raw
Crude protein (min.) 27 %
Fat content (min.) 17 %
Crude ash (max.) 8 %
Crude fibres (max.) 6 %
Moisture (max.) 12 %
Calcium (min.) 1.1 %
Phosphorus (min.) 0.8 %
Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 2.2 %
Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 0.8 %
DHA* (min.) 0.15 %
EPA* (min.) 0.1 %
Glucosamine* (min.) 1200 mg/kg
Chondroitin sulfate* (min.) 1000 mg/kg
Linoleic acid* (min.) 2.0 %
Carbohydrate ( NFE) 30 %
*not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
Calorie Count: Metabolizable Energy is 3440 kCal per kg / 392 kCal per 8 oz. cup, with 27 % from protein, 31 % from fruits and vegetables and 42 % from fat.