- Made in Kentucky, USA
- 60% Meat / 40% Fruits, Vegetables and Botanicals
- Grain Free
By nature, all dogs are evolved as carnivores, biologically adapted for a diet rich and varied in fresh meats with smaller amounts of fruits, vegetables and grasses.
That’s why we loaded ACANA Free-Run Poultry with free-run Cobb chicken, Tom turkey and whole nest-laid eggs – delivered fresh from local Kentucky farms in WholePrey™ ratios to nourish your dog completely.
Prepared in our Kentucky DogStar® kitchens from America’s best and freshest ingredients, this unique and Biologically Appropriate™ ACANA food is a delicious way to keep your dog healthy, happy, and strong.
It's all about the meat
Modern dogs are built like their ancestors and we believe they should eat like them. How do you know if your dog’s food is biologically appropriate™? It’s simple, just answer our biologically appropriate™ ‘three meat questions’:
- How much meat? Entirely free of plant protein concentrates, acana free-run poultry is loaded with 60% poultry — up to twice as much as most pet specialty dog foods.
- How much fresh meat? 1/2 of the poultry in acana is fresh, supplying essential nutrients in their most nourishing form, and 1/2 is dried to provide a strong and natural source of protein.
- How many meats? Acana features three fresh meats in wholeprey™ ratios that include meat, organs and cartilage to supply nutrients naturally and completely:
- Free-run cobb chicken – meat, giblets and cartilage, fresh from local farms.
- Free-run tom turkey – meat, giblets and cartilage, fresh from local kentucky farms.
- Nest-laid eggs – whole and fresh from local kentucky farms.
Zinc | our one and only supplement: in mother nature’s kitchen, there are no synthetic supplements, and dogs and wolves derive all of their nutritional needs by consuming whole prey animals; muscle meat provides protein; liver, kidney and tripe supply vitamins and minerals; bones and cartilage deliver calcium and phosphorus.Acana mirrors the natural diet, applying our meat math and incorporating meat, organs and cartilage in ratios that deliver nutrients naturally. Our foods provide a concentrated and natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive, which is why virtually all of the nutrients in acana are naturally present and are not synthetic.
Ingredients: Deboned chicken, chicken giblets (liver, heart, gizzard), chicken meal, whole green peas, red lentils, pinto beans, deboned turkey, catfish meal, chicken fat, chickpeas, green lentils, whole yellow peas, lentil fiber, chicken cartilage, whole egg, herring oil, natural chicken flavor, turkey cartilage, dried kelp, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, carrots, apples, pears, freeze-dried chicken liver, freeze-dried turkey liver, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rose hips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
Crude protein (min.) 29 %
Fat content (min.) 17 %
Crude ash (max.) 7 %
Crude fibres (max.) 6 %
Moisture (max.) 12 %
Calcium (min.) 1 %
Phosphorus (min.) 0.8 %
Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 2.4 %
Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 0.5 %
Dha* (min.) 0.1 %
Epa* (min.) 0.1 %
Glucosamine* (min.) 1200 mg/kg
Chondroitin sulfate* (min.) 900 mg/kg
Linoleic acid* (min.) 2.2 %
Carbohydrate (nfe) 29 %
*not recognized as an essential nutrient by the aafco dog food nutrient profiles.
Calorie Content: Metabolizable Energy is 3475 kcal/kg (396 kcal per 8oz cup), with 29% from protein, 29% from fruits and vegetables, and 42% from healthful animal fats.