- Loaded with 50% grass-fed Lamb to nourish your dog according to his evolutionary needs, ACANA Lamb & Apple contains one single, easily digestible animal protein.
- Grass-fed on local Kentucky farms, our lamb arrives FRESH or RAW, in WholePrey™ form — a richly nourishing ratio of meat, tripe, liver, kidney and cartilage to nourish your dog naturally. Generous infusions of freeze-dried lamb liver make ACANA the perfect choice for fussy dogs.
- Prepared in our Kentucky DogStar® kitchens from America’s best and freshest ingredients, ACANA Lamb & Apple is guaranteed to keep your dog healthy, happy and strong.
Modern dogs are built like their ancestors and we believe they should eat like them, too. How do you know if your dog’s food is Biologically Appropriate™? Simple. Just answer our Biologically Appropriate™ ‘three meat questions’.
- How Much Meat? :Entirely free of plant protein concentrates, ACANA Lamb & Apple is loaded with 50% lamb — up to twice as much as most limited ingredient dog foods. Plus, all our lamb is deemed fit for human consumption prior to inclusion in our foods.
- How Much Fresh Meat?: 1/2 of the lamb in ACANA Lamb & Apple is FRESH or RAW, supplying essential nutrients in their most nourishing form. Fresh means never frozen, so refrigeration is the only way we preserve our fresh meats, while our raw meats are flash-frozen at the source to lock in goodness. The other half is dried or oils to provide a strong and natural source of richly nourishing lamb protein and fat.
- How Many Meats? :ACANA Lamb & Apple features fresh and raw lamb meat, organs and cartilage in WholePrey™ ratios that supply nutrients naturally and completely.
Zinc | Our One And Only Supplement
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, and dogs and wolves derive all of their nutritional needs by consuming whole prey animals. Muscle meat provides protein; liver, kidney and tripe supply vitamins and minerals; while bones and cartilage deliver calcium and phosphorus.ACANA mirrors the natural diet, applying our Meat Math and incorporating WholePrey™ meat, organs and cartilage in ratios that deliver nutrients naturally, providing a concentrated source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive, which is why virtually all of the nutrients in ACANA Lamb & Apple are naturally present, thus eliminating the need for long lists of additives. That’s why zinc is our only added supplement.
Ingredients: Deboned lamb*, lamb meal, whole green peas, red lentils, lamb liver*, lamb fat, pinto beans, chickpeas, herring oil, green lentils, whole yellow peas, lentil fiber, Red Delicious apples*, natural lamb flavor, lamb tripe*, lamb kidney*, lamb cartilage*, dried kelp, whole pumpkin*, whole butternut squash*, kale,* spinach*, mustard greens*, collard greens*, turnip greens*, whole carrots*, Bartlett pears*, freeze-dried lamb liver, freeze-dried lamb tripe, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
* delivered fresh or raw
Crude protein (min.) 27 %
Fat content (min.) 17 %
Crude ash (max.) 8 %
Crude fibres (max.) 6 %
Moisture (max.) 12 %
Calcium (min.) 1.5 %
Phosphorus (min.) 1 %
Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 1.6 %
Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 0.8 %
DHA* (min.) 0.1 %
EPA* (min.) 0.1 %
Glucosamine* (min.) 600 mg/kg
Chondroitin sulfate* (min.) 800 mg/kg
Linoleic acid* (min.) 1.4 %
Carbohydrate ( NFE) 30 %
*not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
Calorie Content: Metabolizable Energy is 3440 kcal/kg (392 kcal per 8 oz. cup), with 27 % from protein, 31 % from fruits and vegetables and 42 % from fat.