- 50% Meat, 50% Fresh Fruits, Vegetables and Botanicals
- Limited carbohydrates replacing fast carbohydrates (such as rice, potato and tapioca) with low-glycemic, locally grown vegetables and fruits
- Loaded with 50% Yorkshire pork to nourish your dog according to his evolutionary needs, ACANA Pork & Squash contains one single, easily digestible animal protein.
- Made in the USA
Raised on local Kentucky farms, our Yorkshire pork arrives fresh, in WholePrey™ ratios — a richly nourishing ratio of meat, liver, kidney and cartilage that nourish your dog naturally. Generous infusions of freeze-dried pork liver make ACANA Pork & Squash a perfect choice for fussy dogs.
Prepared in our Kentucky DogStar® kitchens from America’s best and freshest ingredients, ACANA Pork & Squash is guaranteed to keep your dog healthy, happy and strong.
Limited ingredients shouldn’t mean less meat. Modern dogs are built like their ancestors and we believe they should eat like them, too. How do you know if your dog’s food is biologically appropriate™? Simple. Just answer our biologically appropriate™ ‘three meat questions’:
- How much meat? Entirely free of plant protein concentrates, acana pork & squash is loaded with 50% yorkshire pork—up to twice as much meat as most limited ingredient foods. Plus, all our pork is deemed fit for human consumption prior to inclusion in our foods.
- How much fresh meat? 1/2 of the pork in acana pork & squash is fresh, supplying essential nutrients in their most nourishing form. Fresh means never frozen, so refrigeration is the only way we preserve our fresh meats, the other 1/2 is dried or fats to provide a strong and natural source of nourishing animal protein and fat.
- How many meats? Acana pork & squash features one single, easily digestible animal protein. Fresh pork meat, organs and cartilage are delivered each day in wholeprey™ ratios and supply virtually all the necessary nutrients, vitamins and amino acids naturally and completely.
ACANA Pork & Squash features an unmatched variety of local ingredients that are raised by people we know and trust, deemed “fit for human consumption”, and then delivered to our Kentucky DogStar® kitchens fresh each day!
Ingredients: Deboned pork*, pork meal, whole green peas, red lentils, pork liver*, pork fat, pinto beans, chickpeas, herring oil, green lentils, whole yellow peas, whole butternut squash*, pork kidney*, lentil fiber, natural pork flavor, pork cartilage*, dried kelp, freeze-dried pork liver, whole pumpkin*, kale*, spinach*, mustard greens*, collard greens*, turnip greens*, carrots*, apples*, pears*, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
* delivered fresh or raw
Crude protein (min.) 27 %
Fat content (min.) 17 %
Crude ash (max.) 9 %
Crude fibres (max.) 6 %
Moisture (max.) 12 %
Calcium (min.) 1.1 %
Phosphorus (min.) 0.8 %
Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 2.8 %
Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 0.7 %
DHA* (min.) 0.1 %
EPA* (min.) 0.1 %
Glucosamine* (min.) 600 mg/kg
Chondroitin sulfate* (min.) 800 mg/kg
Linoleic acid* (min.) 2.6 %
Carbohydrate ( NFE) 30 %
Calorie Content: Metabolizable Energy is 3440 kcal per kg / 392 kcal per 8 oz. cup, with 27 % from protein, 31 % from fruits and vegetables and 42 % from fat.