- Honoring Kentucky’s Appalachian ranching heritage, this unique food is brimming with Angus beef, Yorkshire pork, grass-fed lamb, American bison and Blue catfish to mirror your cat’s evolutionary diet.
- Delivered fresh or raw in Wholeprey™ ratios, and brimming with goodness and taste, ACANA Appalachian Ranch features a rich diversity of meats, tripe, liver, kidney and cartilage that mirror your cat’s evolutionary diet and nourish peak health, without long lists of synthetic supplements and additives.
- Prepared in Acana's Kentucky DogStar® kitchens from America’s best and freshest ingredients, ACANA Appalachian Ranch is guaranteed to keep your cat healthy, happy and strong.
Domestic cats are built like their ancestors and we believe they should eat like them too. How do you know if your cat’s food is Biologically Appropriate™? It’s simple, just answer our Biologically Appropriate™ ‘three meat questions’.
How much meat? Entirely free of plant protein concentrates, ACANA Appalachian Ranch is loaded with 75% meat ingredients — more than twice as much as most pet specialty cat foods. Plus, all our meat and fish are deemed fit for human consumption prior to inclusion in our foods.
How much fresh meat? Half of the meat ingredients in ACANA Appalachian Ranch are FRESH or RAW, supplying essential nutrients in their most nourishing form. Fresh means never frozen, so refrigeration is the only way we preserve our fresh meats. The other half is dried or oils to provide a strong and natural source of richly nourishing animal protein and fat.
How many meats? ACANA Appalachian Ranch features 5 fresh meats in WholePrey™ ratios that include meat, organs and cartilage to supply nutrients naturally and completely.
- Angus beef – meat, liver, tripe, kidney and cartilage, fresh from Appalachian ranches.
- Yorkshire pork – meat, liver, tripe, kidney and cartilage, fresh from Kentucky farms.
- Suffolk lamb – meat, liver, tripe, fresh from Kentucky farms.
- American bison – meat, fresh from Appalachian ranches.
- Blue catfish – whole and fresh from Kentucky lakes.
Ingredients:Deboned beef, deboned pork, deboned lamb, beef meal, lamb meal, pork meal, whole green peas, red lentils, pinto beans, beef liver, beef fat, catfish meal, chickpeas, green lentils, whole yellow peas, deboned bison, whole catfish, herring oil, natural pork flavor, lentil fiber, beef tripe, lamb tripe, lamb liver, pork liver, beef kidney, pork kidney, pork cartilage, dried kelp, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, carrots, apples, pears, freeze-dried beef liver, freeze-dried lamb liver, freeze-dried pork liver, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, choline chloride, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
Crude protein (min.)37%
Fat content (min.)20%
Crude fibre (max.)3%
Crude ash (max.)9%
Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.)1%
Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.)2.2%
DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) (min.)0.2%
EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) (min.)0.2%
Calorie Content: 4020 kCal per kg / 482 kCal per 250ml/120g cup, with 37% from protein, 21% from carbohydrates, and 42% from fat.