- Grass-fed Kentucky Lamb – meat, tripe, liver and cartilage, fresh from local farms.
- Free-run Muscovy Duck– fresh meat, organs, cartilage and liver from local farms.
- Nest-laid eggs – fresh and whole from local Kentucky farms.
- Rainbow trout– fresh or raw from Idaho’s Snake River aquifers.
- Free-run quail – fresh from South Carolina farms
Inspired by Kentucky’s lush and fertile grasslands, this region-inspired food features grass-fed Kentucky lamb, nest-laid eggs, rainbow trout, Muscovy duck and free-run quail. Brimming with goodness, our meats are delivered to our kitchens FRESH or RAW daily, in ratios to guarantee locked-in nutrients. ACANA Grasslands rich inclusions of meat, fish and game mirror the evolutionary diet and promote peak health without the need for long lists of synthetic ingredients.
Modern dogs are built like their ancestors and we believe they should eat like them, too. How do you know if your dog’s food is Biologically Appropriate™? Simple. Just answer our Biologically Appropriate ‘three meat questions’:
- How much meat?: Entirely free of plant protein concentrates, ACANA Grasslands is loaded with 70% meat, game and fish — more than twice as much as most pet specialty dog foods. Plus, all our meat is deemed fit for human consumption prior to inclusion in our foods.
- How much fresh meat?: 1/2 of the meats, game and fish in ACANA Grasslands is FRESH or RAW, supplying essential nutrients in their most nourishing form. Fresh means never frozen, so refrigeration is the only way we preserve our fresh meats, while our raw meats are flash-frozen at the source to lock in goodness. The other half is dried or oils to provide a strong and natural source of richly nourishing animal protein and fat.
- How many meats?: ACANA Grasslands features 5 fresh meats in WholePrey™ ratios that include meat, organs and cartilage to supply nutrients naturally and completely.
Supplements: In Mother Nature’s kitchen there are no supplements, and dogs and wolves derive all of their nutritional needs by consuming whole prey animals. Muscle meat provides protein; liver, kidney & tripe supply vitamins & minerals; while bones & cartilage deliver calcium & phosphorus.
ACANA mirrors the natural diet, applying our Meat Math and incorporating WholePrey™meat, organs and cartilage in ratios that deliver nutrients naturally. By providing a concentrated source of the nutrients your dog needs to thrive, you eliminate the need for long lists of additives. That’s why zinc is our only added supplement.
Ingredients: ACANA Grasslands features an unmatched variety of local ingredients that are raised or fished by people we know and trust, deemed “fit for human consumption”, and then delivered to our Kentucky DogStar® kitchens fresh each day! Deboned lamb*, deboned duck*, whole eggs*, lamb meal, goat meal, catfish meal, whole green peas, red lentils, pinto beans, lamb fat, chickpeas, green lentils, whole yellow peas, rainbow trout*, duck meal, herring oil, lentil fiber, quail (ground with bone), natural lamb flavor, lamb tripe*, lamb liver*, duck giblets (liver, heart, kidney)*, duck cartilage*, dried kelp, whole pumpkin*, whole butternut squash*, kale*, spinach*, mustard greens*, collard greens*, turnip greens*, carrots*, Red Delicious apples*, Bartlett pears*, freeze-dried lamb liver, freeze-dried duck liver, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.* delivered fresh or rawOur only supplement: Zinc.Our only preservative: Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols).
Crude protein (min.) 33 %
Crude fat (min.) 17 %
Crude fiber (max.) 6 %
Moisture (max.) 12 %
Calcium (min.) 1.8 %
Phosphorus (min.) 1.2 %
Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 2 %
Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 0.6 %
DHA* (min.) 0.1 %
EPA* (min.) 0.1 %
Glucosamine* (min.) 600 mg/kg
Chondroitin sulfate* (min.) 800 mg/kg
Calorie Content: i3405 kcal/kg (388 kcal/8 oz. cup), with 34% from protein, 24% from fruits and vegetables, and 42% from fat.