Reflecting Kentucky’s fertile lands, this Biologically Appropriate™ and region-inspired food features free-run poultry, freshwater fish and whole vegetables and fruits from nearby farms.
Loaded with 70% meat, ACANA Meadowland is brimming with free-run Cobb chicken, Tom turkey, nest-laid eggs, Blue catfish and Rainbow trout — delivered fresh in WholePrey™ ratios to mirror the evolutionary diet.
Prepared in our Kentucky DogStar® kitchens from America’s best and freshest ingredients, ACANA Meadowland is guaranteed to keep your dog healthy, happy and strong.
Modern dogs are built like their ancestors and we believe they should eat like them, too. How do you know if your dog’s food is biologically appropriate™? Simple. Just answer our biologically appropriate™ ‘three meat questions’.
- How much meat? Entirely free of plant protein concentrates, ACANA Meadowland is loaded with 70% poultry, fish and eggs — more than twice as much as most pet specialty foods. Plus, all our ingredients are deemed fit for human consumption prior to inclusion in our foods
- How much fresh meat? A full 50% of the meat ingredients in ACANA Meadowland is FRESH or RAW, supplying essential nutrients in their most nourishing form. Fresh means never frozen, so refrigeration is the only way we preserve our fresh meats, while our raw meats are flash-frozen at the source to lock in goodness. The other half is dried or oils to provide a strong and natural source of richly nourishing animal protein and fat.
- How many meats? ACANA Meadowland features 5 fresh meats in WholePrey™ ratios, including richly nourishing meat, organs and cartilage that supply nutrients naturally and completely.
- Free-run chicken and turkey – meat, organs and cartilage, fresh from local farms.
- Nest-laid eggs – whole and fresh from local Kentucky farms.
- Whole Blue catfish – whole and fresh from Kentucky waters.
- Rainbow trout – fresh or raw from Idaho’s Snake River aquifers.
Zinc, our one and only supplement: In nature there are no supplements, and wolves derive all of their nutritional needs by consuming whole prey animals. Muscle meat provides protein; liver, kidney and tripe supply vitamins and minerals; while bones and cartilage deliver calcium and phosphorus.Acana mirrors the natural diet, incorporating wholeprey™ meat, organs and cartilage in ratios that deliver nutrients naturally. By providing a concentrated source of the nutrients your dog needs to thrive, you eliminate the need for long lists of additives. That’s why zinc is our only added supplement.
Ingredients: Deboned chicken*, deboned turkey*, chicken giblets* (liver, heart, kidney), turkey giblets* (liver, heart, kidney), chicken meal, catfish meal, whole green peas, red lentils, pinto beans, pollock meal, chicken fat, chickpeas, green lentils, whole yellow peas, lentil fiber, whole catfish*, whole eggs*, rainbow trout*, herring oil, natural chicken flavor, chicken liver*, chicken cartilage*, dried kelp, whole pumpkin*, whole butternut squash*, kale*, spinach*, mustard greens*, collard greens*, turnip greens*, carrots*, Red Delicious apples*, Bartlett pears*, freeze-dried chicken liver, freeze-dried turkey liver, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rose hips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
* delivered fresh or raw
Crude protein (min.) 33 %
Crude fat (min.) 17 %
Crude fiber (max.) 6 %
Moisture (max.) 12 %
Calcium (min.) 1.1 %
Phosphorus (min.) 0.9 %
Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 2.5 %
Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 0.6 %
DHA* (min.) 0.15 %
EPA* (min.) 0.1 %
Glucosamine* (min.) 700 mg/kg
Chondroitin sulfate* (min.) 1500 mg/kg
Calorie Content: 3475 kcal/kg (396 kcal/8 oz. cup), with 34% from protein, 24% from fruits and vegetables, and 42% from animal fats.