- Loaded with wild-caught mackerel, herring, redfish, silver hake and yellowtail flounder, this region-inspired food reflects New England’s sustainable maritime bounty.
- Delivered fresh, in WholePrey™ratios, so they’re brimming with goodness, ACANA’s rich diversity of saltwater fish mirror your dog’s evolutionary diet, without long lists of synthetic supplements and additives.
- Prepared in our Kentucky DogStar®kitchens from America’s best and freshest ingredients,ACANA Wild Atlanticis guaranteed to keep your dog healthy, happy and strong.
- Read our ingredients and we think you’ll be happy too!
ACANA Wild Atlanticis loaded with 70% wild-caught fish — more than twice as much as most pet specialty dog foods, and is entirely free of inappropriate plant protein concentrates such as potato or pea protein. Plus, all our fish is deemed fit for human consumption prior to inclusion in our foods.
A full 50% of thefish inACANA Wild Atlanticis FRESH or RAW supplying essential nutrients in their most nourishing form. Fresh means never frozen, so refrigeration is the only way we preserve our fresh fish, while our raw fish are flash-frozen at the source to lock in goodness. The other half is dried or oils to provide a strong and natural source of richly nourishing fish protein and fat.
ACANA features 5 fresh fish in WholePrey™ratios that include fish, organs and cartilage to supply nutrients naturally and completely.
- Atlantic Mackerel – whole, wildand freshfrom New England.
- Atlantic Herring – whole, wildand freshfrom New England.
- Acadian Redfish – whole, wildand freshfrom New England.
- Silver Hake – whole, wildand freshfrom New England.
- Yellowtail Flounder – whole, wildand freshfrom New England.
Zinc and Copper Only
In Mother Nature there are no supplements, and dogs &wolves derive all of their nutritional needs by consuming whole prey animals. An entire animal provides protein, vitamins and minerals, as well as calcium and phosphorus.
ACANA mirrors the natural diet, applying our Meat Math and incorporating WholePrey™meat, organs and cartilage in ratios that deliver nutrients naturally. By providing a concentrated, natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive, you eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic additives. That’s why zinc and copper are our only supplements.
Ingredients: Whole mackerel*, whole herring*, whole redfish*, silver hake*, mackerel meal, herring meal, whole green peas, red lentils, pinto beans, pollock meal, cod meal, catfish oil, chickpeas, green lentils, whole yellow peas, herring oil, lentil fiber, yellowtail flounder*, natural fish flavor, sunflower oil, dried kelp, freeze-dried cod liver, whole pumpkin*, whole butternut squash*, kale*, spinach*, mustard greens*, collard greens*, turnip greens*, carrots*, *Red Delicious apples, *Bartlett pears, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
* delivered fresh or raw
Our only supplements: Zinc, Copper.
Our only preservative: Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols).
Crude protein (min.) 33 %
Crude fat (min.) 17 %
Crude fiber (max.) 6 %
Moisture (max.) 12 %
Calcium (min.) 1.2 %
Phosphorus (min.) 1 %
Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 2.5 %
Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 1.5 %
DHA* (min.) 0.5 %
EPA* (min.) 0.4 %
Glucosamine* (min.) 700 mg/kg
Chondroitin sulfate* (min.) 900 mg/kg
Calorie Content: Metabolizable Energy is 3475 kcal per kg / 396 kcal per 8oz cup, with 29% from protein, 29% from fruits and vegetables, and 42% from richly nourishing fish oils.