- Made in Kentucky, USA
- Grain Free
- Loaded with 50% wild Atlantic Mackerel to nourish your dog according to his evolutionary needs, ACANA Wild Mackerel contains one single, easily digestible animal protein.
- Wild and sustainably caught from New England waters, our richly nourishing Atlantic mackerel arrives fresh and whole, including fish, organs and cartilage to nourish your dog completely and naturally.
- Generous infusions of freeze-dried liver make ACANA a perfect choice for fussy dogs.
- Prepared in our Kentucky DogStar® kitchens from America’s best and freshest ingredients, ACANA Wild Mackerel is guaranteed to keep your dog healthy, happy and strong.
Modern dogs are built like their ancestors and we believe they should eat like them, too. How do you know if your dog’s food is biologically appropriate™? Simple. Just answer our biologically appropriate™ ‘three meat questions’:
- How much fish?: Entirely free of plant protein concentrates, acana wild mackerel is loaded with 50% mackerel — up to twice as much as most limited ingredient dog foods. Plus, all our fish is deemed fit for human consumption prior to inclusion in our foods.
- How much fresh fish?: 1/2 of the mackerel in acana wild mackerel is fresh or raw, supplying essential nutrients in their most nourishing form. Fresh means never frozen, so refrigeration is the only way we preserve our fresh fish, while our raw fish are flash-frozen at the source to lock in goodness. The other half is dried or oils to provide a strong and natural source of richly nourishing fish protein and fat.
- How many fish?: Acana wild mackerel features whole mackerel, including organs and cartilage to supply nutrients naturally and completely.
Zinc and copper: In mother nature’s kitchen there are no synthetic supplements, and dogs and wolves derive all of their nutritional needs by consuming whole prey animals. Muscle meat provides protein; liver, kidney and tripe supply vitamins and minerals; while bones and cartilage deliver calcium and phosphorus.Acana mirrors the natural diet, applying our meat math and incorporating wholeprey™ meat, organs and cartilage in ratios that deliver nutrients naturally. By providing a concentrated and natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive, you eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic additives. That’s why zinc and copper are our only supplements.
Ingredients: Whole mackerel*, mackerel meal, whole green peas, red lentils, sunflower oil, pinto beans, chickpeas, mackerel oil, green lentils, whole yellow peas, natural mackerel flavor, lentil fiber, mustard greens*, collard greens*, turnip greens*, dried kelp, freeze-dried mackerel, whole pumpkin*, whole butternut squash*, kale*, spinach*, whole carrots*, Red Delicious apples*, Bartlett pears*, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rose hips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
Crude protein (min.) 27 %
Fat content (min.) 17 %
Crude ash (max.) 8 %
Crude fibres (max.) 6 %
Moisture (max.) 12 %
Calcium (min.) 1 %
Phosphorus (min.) 0.8 %
Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 2.5 %
Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 2 %
DHA* (min.) 0.7 %
EPA* (min.) 0.5 %
Glucosamine* (min.) 700 mg/kg
Chondroitin sulfate* (min.) 900 mg/kg
Linoleic acid* (min.) 2.3 %
Carbohydrate ( NFE) 30 %
Calorie Content: Metabolizable Energy is 3440 kcal/kg (392 kcal per 8 oz. cup), with 27 % from protein, 31 % from fruits and vegetables, and 42 % from nourishing fish oils.