- The #1 ingredient in this high protein, limited carbohydrate, and low fiber all life stage dog food is lamb, formulated without grains or gluten
- 95% of protein is from quality animal sources which makes for a low ash content. Ingredients are also fresh and never frozen for optimum nutrition
- It's a low glycemic formula so it's a great option for pets that need a food that won't spike blood sugar
- This GMO-free formula doesn't contain peas, lentils, pea protein, chickpeas, or added plants oils
- Made in Italy
The carnivore nature of our four-legged family members is our guide in developing our all-natural scientifically researched food. Dogs in their natural state almost exclusively consume meat and don’t require a diet containing a high level of carbohydrates. Pursuing this philosophy we developed the innovative line N&D Pumpkin, a Grain-Free food with a high percentage of animal ingredients (over 60%), pumpkin, and vegetables that have beneficial
Why pumpkin? Pumpkin is a delicious and healthy vegetable that contains unique nutritional features and multiple beneficial properties:
- Acts as a Digestive Aid
- Has a Low Glycemic Index
- Is a source of Beta-carotene (Vitamin A) and other natural antioxidants
- Supports the immune system
- Active against free radicals resulting also in an anti-carcinogenic effect
- Promotes cardiovascular system protection
- Regulates intestinal motility
- Provides an anti-inflammatory effect
Our N&D Pumpkin Formula is a new Grain-Free line born in Italy with unique nutritional characteristics:
- Long-lasting vitamins: Thanks to our vacuum coating system, a unique technology that allows us to include vitamins at a lower temperature after the cooking process, ensures the entire nutritional value of the vitamins we use are still bioavailable in our finished kibble.
- Packaged under a Protective Atmosphere: By introducing Nitrogen (a gas naturally present in the air) into our bags of kibble we can remove any oxygen, (which is responsible for the process of oxidation) that is present. This technology is widely used in the human food industry because it preserves all of the nutritional features of food while keeping it as fresh as if it was just cooked.
Ingredients: Fresh grass fed Lamb (22%), dehydrated lamb meat (20%), pea starch (20%), chicken fat, dehydrated pumpkin (5%), dehydrated whole eggs, fresh herring, dehydrated herring, herring oil, fiber vegetable of peas, dried carrots, sun-cured alfalfa meal, inulin, fructooligosaccharides, yeast extract, dehydrated blueberry (0.5%), dehydrated apple, dehydrated pomegranate, dehydrated sweet orange, dehydrated spinach , psyllium (0.3%), salt, brewer’s dried yeast, turmeric root (0.2%), glucosamine, chondroitin sulphate, vitamin A supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, ascorbic acid, niacin, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, biotin, folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, choline chloride, beta-carotene, zinc proteinate, manganese proteinate, iron proteinate, copper proteinate, selenium yeast, DL-methionine, taurine, L-carnitine, aloe vera gel concentrate, green tea extract, rosemary extract, tocopherol‐rich extracts of natural origin.
Percentage of Protein from Animal Sources: 90%; Calories ME from: Protein: 26%; Fats: 41%; All Other Ingredients: 33%. Farmina N&D Pumpkin Lamb & Blueberry Recipe is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.
Nutritional additives: Vitamin A 15000IU; Vitamin D3 1500IU; Vitamin E 600mg; Vitamin C 150mg; Niacin 37.5mg; pantotenic acid 15mg; Vitamin B2 7.5mg; Vitamin B6 6mg; Vitamin B1 4.5mg; Vitamin H 0.38mg; folic acid 0.45mg; Vitamin B12 0.1mg; choline chloride 2500mg; Beta‐carotene 1.5mg; zinc chelate of the analogous methionine hydroxylase 910mg; manganese chelate of the analogous methionine hydroxylase 380mg; ferrous chelate of glycine hydrate 250mg; copper chelate of the analogous methionine hydroxylase 88mg; selenomethionine 0.40mg; DL‐methionine 4000mg; Taurine 1000mg; L‐carnitine 300mg. Organoleptic additives: aloe vera extract 1000mg; green tea extract 100mg; rosemary extract. Antioxidants: tocopherol‐rich extracts of natural origin.
Crude Protein (min): 28.00%; Crude Fat (min): 18.00%; Crude Fiber (max): 2.90%; Moisture (max): 9.00%; Ash (max): 8.60%; Calcium (min): 1.40%; Phosphorus (min): 1.10%; Omega-6 Fatty Acids* (min): 3.30%; Omega-3 Fatty Acids* (min): 0.90%; Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA*) (min): 0.50%; Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA*) (min): 0.30%; Glucosamine* (min): 1000mg/kg. Chondroitin Sulfate* (min): 700mg/kg. *Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
Calorie Content: 393 kCals per cup