- Oven-Baked in small batches in Canada
- Non-GMO fruits and vegetables
- Cats love Lotus' oven-baked great taste because we use more fresh fish (up to 40% fresh compared to 20% or less in extruded foods)
- Oven-Baked for a low starch delivery (50% less starch than a comparable extruded food)
- Our oven-baked recipes are less processed than extruded pet food; This helps protect the nutrients like vitamins, antioxidants (from the fruits and veggies), proteins, and amino acids better than extruded pet foods
- Helps lower urinary pH for a healthy urinary tract
- A recipe made without white potato.
- Fresh wild-caught whole sardines and deboned herring from the Atlantic Ocean. Both species are smaller fish and very sustainable.
- All life stage recipe
Lotus Oven-Baked kibble for cats is made by a process so uncommonly wholesome it has an “®” after its name. Itʼs called Baked-In Goodness®(see?), and itʼs the big reason Lotus tastes delicious and is closer to homemade. Oven-baking means Lotus Oven-Baked kibble is less processed, has less starch, has more fresh meats, fish and poultry than most other kibbles, and hey, it just plain tastes better. Itʼs never extruded like most other cat foods. What the heck is extrusion, you say? Itʼs the process of using heat and high pressure (three times atmospheric pressure!) to form kibble in dies. Then theyʼre sprayed with “flavor” and fats. Plastic is often formed by extrusion, too. Creepy, right? Good thing someone (hint, hint) is committed to always oven-baking wholesome food for your cat.
Ingredients: Sardine, Herring, Herring Meal, Peas, Lentils, Catfish Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Tapioca, Ground Flaxseed, Natural Fish Flavor, Pea Fiber, Vitamin E Supplement, Brewers Dried Yeast, Calcium Propionate, Carrots, Apples, Dicalcium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, Calcium Sulfate, Salt, Kelp, Spinach, Pumpkin, Blueberries, Taurine, New Zealand Green Mussels, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Inulin, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Iron Sulfate, DL Methionine, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Potassium Chloride, Niacin, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Vitamin A Supplement, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite, Rosemary Extract.
Crude Protein (Min) 34.00%
Crude Fat (Min) 14.00%
Crude Fiber (Max) 5.00%
Moisture (Max) 10.00%
Ash (Max) 8.00%
Taurine (Min) 0.15%
Vitamin E (Min) 350 IU/kg
Omega 6 Fatty Acids* (Min) 1.65%
Omega 3 Fatty Acids* (Min) 1.65%
Ascorbic Acid (Min) 200 mg/kg
Calorie Content: 409 kCals per cup.
|Cat Weight (lb)||1||4||6||8||10||12||14|
|Weaning to 4 months||1/4||1 1/4||1 3/4|
|4 to 7 months||1/4||1/2||1||1 1/4||1 1/2|
|7 to 9 months||1/4||1/2||3/4||1||1 1/4||1 1/2||1 1/2|
|9 to 12 months||1/2||1/2||3/4||1||1||1 1/4|
*add 1/8 cup per each additional two pounds of body weight exceeding 14 pounds. That's a big cat!