- Cats and kittens are built like their ancestors, possessing a biological need for a diet rich and varied in animal protein.
- With 40% richly nourishing protein, and limited to 19% low-glycemic carbohydrates to nourish cats and kittens according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- Free of rendered poultry meals, 1/3 of the meats are from dehydrated chicken and turkey (air-dried at low temperature from fresh meat) for a concentrated source of nourishing protein.
- Unmatched by any other food, 2/3 of the meats are FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 10 meat ingredients.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meats, organs, and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and fresh whole eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your cat needs.
- Infusions of gently freeze-dried liver enhance flavor and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for picky eaters.
Is your cat's food biologically appropriate?
Cats are hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws and digestive system are all adapted for meat concentrated diets that are rich in fresh meats and meat diversity. Biologically appropriate™ cat foods mirror the natural diet and answer 3 meat questions:
- How much? ORIJEN leads its class in premium meat inclusions, all from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods.
- How fresh? 2/3 of meats are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness, 1/3 is dried at low temperature for a premium protein source
- How many? A variety of meats in WholePrey™ ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplments. Free-run chicken, Free-run turkey, Wild yellowtail flounder, Whole nest-laid eggs, Wild Atlantic mackerel, Wild Atlantic herring
Ingredients: Deboned chicken, deboned turkey, yellowtail flounder, whole eggs, whole Atlantic mackerel, chicken liver, turkey liver, whole Atlantic herring, chicken heart, turkey heart, dehydrated chicken, dehydrated turkey, dehydrated mackerel, dehydrated chicken liver, dehydrated turkey liver, whole green peas, whole navy beans, red lentils, chicken necks, chicken kidney, chicken fat, pinto beans, chickpeas, green lentils, natural chicken flavor, lentil fiber, herring oil, ground chicken bone, chicken cartilage, turkey cartilage, dried kelp, freeze-dried chicken liver, freeze-dried turkey liver, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, whole carrots, apples, pears, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, choline chloride, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
Crude protein (min.) 40 %
Crude fat (min.) 20 %
Crude ash (min.) 8 %
Crude fiber (max.) 3 %
Moisture (max.) 10 %
Calcium (min.) 1.2 %
Phosphorus (min.) 1 %
Magnesium (min.) 0.1 %
Taurine (min.) 0.2 %
Omega-6 fatty acids (min.) 3.5 %
Omega-3 fatty acids (min.) 0.8 %
DHA (min.) 0.2 %
EPA (min.) 0.2 %
Calorie content: 4060 kcal/kg (463 kcal per 8oz. cup) with 39% from protein, 19% from vegetables and fruits and 42% from fat.