Fresh Free-run chicken and turkey, wild-caught fish and nest-laid eggs
All puppies require a diet rich in proteins and fats from a variety of fresh whole meats to fully support their rapid growth and development.
- With 38% richly nourishing protein, and limited to 16% low-glycemic carbohydrates to nourish medium and small breed puppies according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- Free of rendered poultry meals, 1/3 of the meats are from dehydrated chicken and turkey (air-dried at low temperature from fresh meat) for a concentrated source of nourishing protein.
- Unmatched by any other food, 2/3 of the meats are FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 10 meat ingredients.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meats, organs, and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and fresh whole eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your puppy needs.
- Infusions of freeze-dried chicken and turkey liver enhance flavor and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for the fussiest puppies.
- 100% of meat ingredients from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods
Meat and Protein Rich: Made with 85% premium meat ingredients, ORIJEN Puppy features a richly nourishing and Biologically Appropriate™ protein level of 38% to closely replicate your puppy’s natural diet.
Rich in animal fat: To fuel optimum growth and development, all puppies require richly nourishing animal fats. That’s why ORIJEN Puppy features naturally occurring non-rendered fats from our unmatched fresh poultry, fish and egg ingredients.
DHA and EPA from fresh fish: Fresh saltwater fish are a Biologically Appropriate™ source of DHA and EPA, which are essential for your puppy’s developing immune and nervous systems. DHA and EPA are not available from plant sources, such as flax, coconut or sunflower.
Low-glycemic: Your puppy’s natural diet contains few if any carbohydrates. That’s why ORIJEN is free of high-glycemic ingredients like potato and tapioca, and contains less than half the carbohydrates of conventional puppy foods.
Glucosamine & Chondroitin: ORIJEN’s fresh poultry, meats and fish provide a rich and natural source of glucosamine and chondroitin, so no synthetic sources are added to ORIJEN foods.
Ingredients: Deboned chicken, deboned turkey, yellowtail ∩¼éounder, whole eggs, whole atlantic mackerel, chicken liver, turkey liver, chicken heart, turkey heart, whole atlantic herring, dehydrated chicken, dehydrated turkey, dehydrated mackerel, dehydrated chicken liver, dehydrated turkey liver, whole green peas, whole navy beans, red lentils, chicken necks, chicken kidney, chicken fat, pinto beans, chickpeas, green lentils, natural chicken ∩¼éavor, lentil ∩¼über, herring oil, ground chicken bone, chicken cartilage, turkey cartilage, dried kelp, freeze-dried chicken liver, freeze-dried turkey liver, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, whole carrots, apples, pears, pumpkin seeds, sun∩¼éower seeds, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bi∩¼üdobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
Crude protein (min.) 38 %
Crude fat (min.) 20 %
Crude fiber (max.) 6 %
Moisture (max.) 12 %
Calcium (min.) 1.2 %
Phosphorus (min.) 0.9 %
Omega-6 fatty acids (min.) 3.5 %
Omega-3 fatty acids (min.) 0.8 %
DHA (min.) 0.2 %
EPA (min.) 0.2 %
Glucosamine (min.) 700 mg/kg
Chondroitin sulfate (min.) 600 mg/kg
Calorie content: 3960 kcal/kg (451 kcal per 8oz. cup) with 38% from protein, 16% from vegetables and fruits and 46% from fat.