- Grain Free
- Made in the USA
- With 38% richly nourishing protein and a limited 18% low-glycemic carbohydrates, REGIONAL RED nourishes all breeds and life stages according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- Unmatched by any other dog food, 2/3 of ORIJEN’s meats are FRESH (refrigerated, no preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, no preservatives), including the top 10 meat ingredients.
- 1/3 of meats are gently dried at 90°C from fresh red meats and fish to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meat, organs, and cartilage provide virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive – only zinc is added.
- Infusions of freeze-dried liver enhance flavour naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for fussy eaters.
Dogs evolved as hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws and digestive system are all adapted for meat concentrated diets that are rich in fresh meats and meat diversity. Biologically Appropriate™ foods mirror the natural diet and answer 3 meat questions:
- How much meat? Orijen Regional Red boast 85% meat inclusions, all from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods.
- How fresh? 2/3 of meats are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness, 1/3 is dried at low temperature for a premium protein source.
- How many? A variety of meats in WholePrey™ ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplments.
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so dogs and wolves derive their complete nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole animals which contain all of the nutrients they need to thrive.
That’s why you won’t find long lists of synthetics in ORIJEN dog foods. Loaded with richly nourishing ratios of fresh poultry, organs and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and whole eggs, ORIJEN provides a natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive. Orijen adds only one supplement: zinc.
Ingredients: Deboned beef, deboned wild boar, deboned goat, deboned lamb, lamb liver, beef liver, beef tripe, wild boar liver, deboned mutton, beef heart, whole Atlantic mackerel, deboned pork, goat meal, wild boar meal, lamb meal, mackerel meal, whole green peas, whole red lentils, whole pinto beans, beef kidney, pork liver, herring meal, whole chickpeas, whole green lentils, whole navy beans, beef meal, whole yellow peas, lentil fiber, natural pork flavor, pork kidney, beef fat, herring oil, mutton meal, lamb tripe, wild boar heart, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, whole carrots, whole apples, whole pears, dried kelp, freeze-dried beef liver, freeze-dried beef tripe, freeze-dried lamb liver, freeze-dried lamb tripe, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bi∩¼üdobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
Your dog shares his eating anatomy with the gray wolf – which means he’s evolved for a diet rich and varied in fresh meat, protein and fat – not highly processed carbohydrates and starches.
Crude protein (min.) 38 %
Fat content (min.) 18 %
Crude ash (max.) 9 %
Crude fibers (max.) 5 %
Moisture (max.) 12 %
Calcium (min.) 2 %
Phosphorus (min.) 1.4 %
Omega-6 fatty acids (min.) 2.3 %
Omega-3 fatty acids (min.) 1 %
DHA (min.) 0.2 %
EPA (min.) 0.15 %
Glucosamine (min.) 400 mg/kg
Chondroitin sulfate (min.) 250 mg/kg
Calorie content (calculated): ME 3940 kcal/kg, 449 kcal per 8oz. cup. Calories distributed to support peak conditioning with 39% from protein, 19% from vegetables and fruits, and 42% from fat.