Senior dogs are best fed a diet rich in protein to promote lean muscle mass, yet limited in calories to promote a healthy body weight.
- With 38% richly nourishing protein, and limited to 19% low-glycemic carbohydrates to nourish dogs according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- Free of rendered poultry meals, 1/3 of the meats are from dehydrated chicken and turkey (air-dried at low temperature from fresh meat) for a concentrated source of nourishing protein.
- Unmatched by any other food, 2/3 of the meats are FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 10 meat ingredients.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meats, organs, and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and fresh whole eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs.
- Infusions of gently freeze-dried liver enhance flavor and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for the fussiest eaters.
Is your dog's food biologically appropriate?
Dogs evolved as hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws and digestive system are all adapted for meat concentrated diets that are rich in fresh meats and meat diversity. Biologically Appropriate™ foods mirror the natural diet and answer 3 meat questions:
- How much? ORIJEN leads its class in premium meat inclusions, all from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods.
- How fresh? 2/3 of meats are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness, 1/3 is dried at low temperature for a premium protein source.
- How many? A variety of meats in WholePrey™ ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplments: Free-run chicken, free-run turkey, wild yellowtail flounder, whole nest-laid eggs, wild Atlantic mackerel, wild Atlantic herring.
Only 1 supplement— zinc. In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so dogs and wolves derive their complete nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole animals which contain all of the nutrients they need to thrive. That’s why you won’t find long lists of synthetics in ORIJEN dog foods. Loaded with richly nourishing ratios of fresh poultry, organs and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and whole eggs, ORIJEN provides a natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive.
Ingredients: Deboned chicken, deboned turkey, yellowtail ∩¼éounder, whole eggs, whole atlantic mackerel, chicken liver, turkey liver, chicken heart, turkey heart, whole atlantic herring, dehydrated chicken, dehydrated turkey, dehydrated mackerel, dehydrated chicken liver, dehydrated turkey liver, whole green peas, whole navy beans, red lentils, chicken necks, chicken kidney, pinto beans, chickpeas, green lentils, lentil fiber, natural chicken ∩¼éavor, chicken cartilage, herring oil, ground chicken bone, chicken fat, turkey cartilage, dried kelp, freeze-dried chicken liver, freeze-dried turkey liver, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, whole carrots, apples, pears, pumpkin seeds, sun∩¼éower seeds, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bi∩¼üdobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
Crude protein (min.) 38 %
Crude fat (min.) 15 %
Crude fiber (max.) 8 %
Moisture (max.) 12 %
Calcium (min.) 1.2 %
Phosphorus (min.) 0.9 %
Omega-6 fatty acids (min.) 3 %
Omega-3 fatty acids (min.) 0.8 %
DHA (min.) 0.2 %
EPA (min.) 0.2 %
Glucosamine (min.) 700 mg/kg
Chondroitin sulfate (min.) 600 mg/kg
Calorie Content: 3630 kcal/kg (414 kcal per 8oz. cup) with 42% from protein, 21% from vegetables and fruits and 37% from fat.