- Packed with fresh, sustainable and wild-caught fish from new england to satisfy your cat’s biological need for a protein-rich diet.
- Brimming with 40% richly nourishing protein, and limited to 18% low-glycemic carbohydrates to nourish cats and kittens according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- A full 2/3 of our fish is FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 6 fish ingredients.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh whole fish (including meat, organs, and cartilage) provide virtually every nutrient your cat needs – only choline, zinc and copper are added.
- Our dried fish are specially prepared at 200ºF from fresh, whole, wild-caught fish to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh fish alone.
- Infusions of gently freeze-dried cod liver enhance flavor and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for fussy eaters.
Is your cat's food biologically appropriate?
Cats are hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws and digestive system are all adapted for meat concentrated diets that are rich in fresh meats and meat diversity. Biologically appropriate™ cat foods mirror the natural diet and answer 3 meat questions:
- How much? ORIJEN leads its class in premium meat inclusions, all from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods.
- How fresh? 2/3 of meats are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness, 1/3 is dried at low temperature for a premium protein source
- How many? A variety of meats in WholePrey™ ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplments.
Ingredients: Whole atlantic mackerel, whole atlantic herring, whole atlantic ∩¼éounder, whole acadian red∩¼üsh, atlantic monk∩¼üsh, whole silver hake, mackerel meal, herring meal, blue whiting meal, herring oil, whole green peas, whole navy beans, whole red lentils, alaskan cod meal, pollock meal, sun∩¼éower oil, whole pinto beans, whole chickpeas, natural ∩¼üsh ∩¼éavor, whole green lentils, whole yellow peas, safflower oil, lentil ∩¼über, freeze-dried cod liver, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, whole carrots, whole apples, whole pears, dried kelp, pumpkin seeds, sun∩¼éower seeds, choline chloride, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), copper proteinate, chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bi∩¼üdobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
Crude protein (min.) 40 %
Crude fat (min.) 20 %
Crude ash (min.) 9 %
Crude fiber (max.) 3 %
Moisture (max.) 10 %
Calcium (min.) 1.5 %
Phosphorus (min.) 1.3 %
Magnesium (min.) 0.1 %
Taurine (min.) 0.3 %
Omega-6 fatty acids (min.) 2.5 %
Omega-3 fatty acids (min.) 2.1 %
DHA (min.) 1.1 %
EPA (min.) 0.65 %
Calorie content (calculated): ME 4060 kcal/kg, 463 kcal per 8oz. cup. Calories distributed to support peak conditioning with 39% from protein, 17% from vegetables and fruits, and 44% from fat.