- An unmatched diversity of fresh, whole and wild-caught fish from new england’s cold atlantic waters.
- Brimming with 38% richly nourishing protein and limited to 19% low-glycemic carbohydrates to nourish all dogs according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- A full 2/3 of our fish is FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 6 fish ingredients.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh whole fish (including meat, organs, and cartilage) provide virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive – only zinc and copper are added.
- Our dried fish are specially prepared at 200ºF from fresh, whole, wild-caught fish to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh fish alone.
- Infusions of freeze-dried cod liver enhance flavor and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for fussy eaters.
Is your dog's food biologically appropriate?
Dogs evolved as hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws and digestive system are all adapted for meat concentrated diets that are rich in fresh meats and meat diversity. Biologically appropriate™ foods mirror the natural diet and answer 3 meat questions:
- How Much? ORIJEN leads its class in premium fish inclusions, all from fish deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods.
- How fresh? 2/3 of fish are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness, 1/3 is dried at low temperature for a premium protein source.
- How many? A variety of fish in WholePrey™ ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplments. Wild mackerel, Wild herring, Wild flounder, Wild redfish, Wild monkfish, Wild silver hake
Ingredients: Whole Atlantic mackerel, whole Atlantic herring, whole Atlantic flounder, whole acadian red fish, Atlantic monkfish, whole silver hake, mackerel meal, herring meal, blue whiting meal, herring oil, whole green peas, whole navy beans, whole red lentils, Alaskan cod meal, pollock meal, sunflower oil, whole yellow peas, whole pinto beans, whole chickpeas, whole green lentils, lentil fiber, natural fish flavor, safflower oil, freeze-dried cod liver, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, whole carrots, whole apples, whole pears, dried kelp, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), copper proteinate, chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
Crude protein (min.) 38 %
Crude fat (min.) 18 %
Crude fiber (max.) 4 %
Moisture (max.) 12 %
Calcium (min.) 1.4 %
Phosphorus (min.) 1.2 %
Omega-6 fatty acids (min.) 2.3 %
Omega-3 fatty acids (min.) 2 %
DHA (min.) 1 %
EPA (min.) 0.6 %
Glucosamine (min.) 800 mg/kg
Chondroitin sulfate (min.) 600 mg/kg
Calorie content (calculated): ME 3940 kcal/kg, 449 kcal per 8oz. cup. Calories distributed to support peak conditioning with 39% from protein, 19% from vegetables and fruits, and 42% from fat.