Just like their wild ancestors, cats require a diet of whole meats with smaller amounts of fruits and grasses.
- With 40% richly nourishing protein, and a limited 18% low-glycemic carbohydrates, ORIJEN nourishes cats according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- A full 2/3 of our meat is FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 10 meat ingredients.
- 1/3 of the meats are specially prepared at 200°F from fresh meats to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meats (including muscle meat, organs, and cartilage) provide virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive.
- Infusions of freeze-dried liver enhance flavour and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for picky cats.
Cats are hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws and digestive system are all adapted for meat concentrated diets that are rich in fresh meats and meat diversity. Biologically Appropriate™ cat foods mirror the natural diet and answer 3 meat questions:
- How much? 85% meat inclusions: ORIJEN leads its class in premium meat inclusions; All from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods.
- How fresh? 2/3 fresh or raw; 1/3 dehydrated or dried: 2/3 of meats are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness, 1/3 is dried at low temperature for a premium protein source.
- How many? 8 different animals In wholeprey ratios: A variety of meats in WholePrey™ ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplements. Boar Goat, Wild Boar, Venison, Arctic char, Free-Run duck, Ranch-raised mutton, Steelhead trout, and Wild Pacific pilchard
Ingredients: Goat, wild boar, venison, arctic char, duck, mutton, steelhead trout, duck liver, wild boar liver, wild boar kidney, mackerel meal, whole pilchard, lamb meal, mutton meal, alaskan cod meal, blue whiting meal, duck fat, herring meal, whole red lentils, whole green lentils, whole green peas, whole chickpeas, whole yellow peas, whole pinto beans, lentil fiber, mutton tripe, herring oil, goat heart, goat kidney, goat liver, venison heart, venison liver, mutton liver, wild boar heart, whole navy beans, freeze-dried goat liver, freeze-dried venison liver, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, whole zucchini, whole parsnips, carrots, whole apples, whole pears, kale, spinach greens, beet greens, turnip greens, dried brown kelp, whole cranberries, whole blueberries, choline chloride, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), copper proteinate, chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
Crude protein (min.) 40 %
Fat content (min.) 20 %
Crude ash (min.) 9 %
Crude fibers (max.) 3 %
Moisture (max.) 10 %
Calcium (min.) 1.9 %
Phosphorus (min.) 1.4 %
Magnesium (min.) 0.1 %
Taurine (min.) 0.2 %
Omega-6 fatty acids (min.) 2.4 %
Omega-3 fatty acids (min.) 1 %
DHA (min.) 0.3 %
EPA (min.) 0.2 %
Calorie Content: Metabolizable Energy is 4120 kcal per kg / 535 kcal per 250ml per130g cup, with calories distributed to support peak conditioning; 39% from protein, 17% from vegetables and fruits, and 44% from fat.