- Rich in protein for large breed muscle mass, and calorie-limited to promote healthy weight and reduce stress on developing bones and joints.
- With 38% richly nourishing protein, and limited to 20% low-glycemic carbohydrates to nourish large breed puppies according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- Free of rendered poultry meals, 1/3 of the meats are from dehydrated chicken and turkey (air-dried at low temperature from fresh meat) for a concentrated source of nourishing protein.
- Unmatched by any other food, 2/3 of the meats are FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 10 meat ingredients.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meats, organs, and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and fresh whole eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your puppy needs.
- Infusions of gently freeze-dried liver enhance flavor and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for fussy pups.
Is your dog's food biologically appropriate?
Dogs evolved as hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws and digestive system are all adapted for meat concentrated diets that are rich in fresh meats and meat diversity. Biologically Appropriate™ foods mirror the natural diet and answer 3 meat questions:
- How much? ORIJEN leads its class in premium meat inclusions, all from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods.
- How fresh? 2/3 of meats are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness, 1/3 is dried at low temperature for a premium protein source.
- How many? A variety of meats in WholePrey™ ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplments. Free-run chicken, Free-run turkey, Wild yellowtail flounder, Whole nest-laid eggs, Wild Atlantic mackerel, Wild Atlantic herring
Only 1 supplement — zinc. In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so dogs and wolves derive their complete nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole animals which contain all of the nutrients they need to thrive. That’s why you won’t find long lists of synthetics in ORIJEN dog foods. Loaded with nourishing ratios of fresh poultry, organs and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and whole eggs, ORIJEN provides a natural source of virtually every nutrient your puppy needs to thrive.
Fresh goat (5%), fresh wild boar (5%), fresh venison (5%), fresh arctic char (5%), fresh duck (5%), fresh wild boar liver (5%), fresh duck liver (5%), fresh mutton (4%), fresh steelhead trout (4%), fresh wild boar kidney (4%), mackerel (dehydrated, 4%), fresh whole pilchard (4%), lamb (dehydrated, 4%), mutton (dehydrated, 4%), alaskan cod (dehydrated, 4%), blue whiting (dehydrated, 4%), herring (dehydrated, 4%), whole red lentils, whole green lentils, whole green peas, whole chickpeas, whole yellow peas, whole pinto beans, lentil fiber, duck fat (2%), fresh mutton tripe (1.5%), herring oil (1%), fresh goat heart (1%), fresh goat kidney (1%), fresh goat liver (0.5%), fresh venison liver (0.5%), fresh venison heart (0.5%), fresh mutton liver (0.5%), fresh wild boar heart (0.5%), whole navy beans, freeze-dried goat liver, freeze-dried venison liver, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, whole zucchini, whole parsnips, carrots, whole apples, whole bartlett pears, kale, spinach greens, beet greens, turnip greens, brown kelp, whole cranberries, whole blueberries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, enterococcus faecium.
Crude protein (min.) 40 %
Fat content (min.) 18 %
Crude ash (max.) 9 %
Crude fibers (max.) 5 %
Moisture (max.) 12 %
Calcium (min.) 1.8 %
Phosphorus (min.) 1.3 %
Omega-6 fatty acids (min.) 2.5 %
Omega-3 fatty acids (min.) 1 %
DHA (min.) 0.35 %
EPA (min.) 0.2 %
Glucosamine (min.) 600 mg/kg
Chondroitin sulfate (min.)
Calorie content: 3860 kcal/kg (460 kcal per 8oz. cup) with calories distributed to support peak conditioning; 41% from protein, 17% from vegetables and fruits, and 42% from fat.